Friday 31 May 2013

New Video Series, SUPC

So after recording a Planetary Conquest battle today, I thought about the things that I could do with the footage. These ranged from taking parts for a frag video, to a possible 10+ minute commentary on my gameplay.

The general rule with "serious business" matches is not to release them. You could potentially be giving out intel on your strategies and tactical decisions. There's also the fact that some people don't like having their voices recorded and I would always choose not to record, over doing wrong by an alliance member. Also, Dust is a fairly slow paced game and many people don't want to sit through 20 minutes of raw match footage.



So with that in mind, I've decided to do a new style of video and I hope others consider this as well. I call it 'Sped Up PC' or SUPC for short. The idea is to take a full corp match and speed it up to 3, 4 or even 5 times it's original speed. This makes watching PC battles a bit more time efficient (and makes Dust's shitty framerate less apparent). Instead of game sounds, simply slapping some music over it so no-one has to worry about stealing plans and such. I realize Pyrex did something like this a while back, but I guess I want to start a trend for it.

Outside of gaming and making videos, one of my favourite things to do is search Youtube, Newgrounds and Soundcloud for new music to listen to. This allows me to combine the 3 in a simple manner and I hope others decide to join me.

Anyway, here's Ill Omens vs Seraphim Initiative.

No comments:

Post a Comment